a wandering woman writes

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Caged bird singing..and updates




This is a common site in Spain; I snapped this little fellow out for fresh air in Cáceres. I always get a kick out of the canaries and parakeets hanging on pegs outside, but I wonder: Is he happy to be out here getting fresh air, soaking in Spanish sun and seeing what the world looks like outside his cage? Or is it torture? Seeing everything you can't have? Watching all those wild cousin birds soar by...showing off with fancy loop de loops and all kinds of aerobatics, just to remind you they're free?

***********

A few updates:

They still haven't identified the mysterious Piano Man. Haunts me. When the story first broke in April or May, some people suggested he was probably just a starving musician, faking amnesia for free publicity. Now I sort of hope that's true. At least if it's all a stunt he can miraculously regain his memory any morning he chooses and go off to sell his new compositions.

No one ever claimed the unmentionables found on my terraza. This morning I became the proud owner of a pair of Speedo swimming goggles that fell into my petunias! Soon as I figure out how to say swimming goggles in Spanish (some kind of gafas maybe?) guess I'll hang up another poster: Found in Bajo A's petunias....

My library books are due August 11, if anyone wants to be so kind as to remind me in the comment box. On the 10th perhaps?

6 Comments:

  • Creo que se llaman gafas de bucear y si ese no es el termino exacto, igual se entiende :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • Vale, gafas de bucear. Lógico. Gracias, Pato!!

    Sabes que pasó? El domingo las puse en mi terraza (que está al lado de la piscina) y mientras no estaba mirando.....el dueño misterio las sacó.

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:08 PM  

  • jajaja... el dueño o un listillo ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 AM  

  • OK, now I´m seeing my own mistakes..I need to preview too!!!
    dueño misterioso, claro....
    y qué más? Hay más errores?

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:50 PM  

  • No, no, no, no... I wasn't pointing out a mistake. I assumed you meant "misterioso"...

    I was just making a wink-wink reference to Spanish "picaresca": fue el dueño misterioso o un listillo el que se llevó las gafas? Will you ever know? does it even matter?

    Un abrazo,

    Pato

    PD. No te olvides de devolver los libros a la biblioteca ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 AM  

  • Yeh; I´d thought of that but I have my wide-eyed idealistic view Salmantinos so I decided it was el dueño...
    And that it didn´t matter, :-)

    Thanks, I really did only remember to pack up the books after reading your comment.

    :-)

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home