a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Don't mind me, I'm playing with a new lens



They're getting better, aren't they?
I captured this gorgeous fading beauty in the Huerto de Melixto y Calibea.

My huerto's been a bit too popular for my taste lately. A week of warm, blue-skied days has converted my usually deserted garden into a hotspot abuzz with corner téte a tétes, prone students barely glancing at their open textbooks, an aspiring painter, and roving bands of Spanish tourists.

Still, it remains my favorite outdoor spot in Salamanca. I'm not above sharing: please don't miss the Huerto if you find yourself in Salamanca.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I do love your flower photographs!!!

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 11:06 PM  

  • Gorgeous photo. I'm afraid we have missed our chance to meet in Seville. But I'll be back in Spain, as I certainly have much more Spanish to learn! And will be back to catch up on your blog soon (at the moment, one of my fellow students from Seville is visiting us, so am playing tour guide).

    By Blogger paris parfait, at 12:06 AM  

  • Lovely!

    By Blogger Alex Castellá, at 9:22 AM  

  • thank you, all

    Tara, argh, I've had a crazy fall; can't believe I missed you in Sevilla. Next time...and why am I sure there will (soon) be a next for paris p en sevilla?

    By Blogger Erin, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home