a wandering woman writes

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Rocket Man



OOPS! No time AGAIN, sorry to let so much time pass between entries. My first visitor from the States arrives Saturday - the first person to visit me in my Spanish apartment instead of my 26th floor condo in Chicago!! Old life meets new life, here we go!

And she's my mother, so I'm ever so slightly PANICKED fixing all the things that don't work so well, cleaning, buying bus tickets (I'm 2 1/2 hours from Madrid)....

So today - a quick photo. This is our local astronaut. He's part of the stonework of Salamanca's 'New' Cathedral. Workman added him - and a beautifully carved ice cream cone - to the stonework during a restoration.

You've got to like a town that would add a space walking astronaut (see how he is floating?) to a 16th century cathedral.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hmm, not sure it´s been approved by the Batican (as my Spanish daughter pronounces it).

    By Blogger Mo, at 10:50 PM  

  • Well, it's there..and a pretty darn Catholic and conservative town. Oh, you are making me miss Salamanca bringing me back to these first posts, Maureen!

    By Blogger Erin, at 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home