a wandering woman writes

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Rain in Spain



I'm packed for another hiking excursion tomorrow: rain poncho, umbrella, change of dry clothes. Sierra de Francia this time, where despite last weekend's brilliant summer sunshine it's reputedly been raining cats and dogs since Thursday.

My hearty hiking companion votes we ignore weather forecasts and climb on the bus at 9 am, no matter what.

Good thing I love the smell of wet leaves.

The rain in Spain falls mainly.....where I decide to hike.

6 Comments:

  • Have the best time and write for those of us living in cityscapes.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 11:35 PM  

  • LOL. Good foul weather gear is a worthy investment. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

  • Yeh, Dan. It was. Of course now that I'm in Spain and the foulies and rain pants are in my sail bag in a friend's storage locker in Chicago...I'm hesitant to buy replacements just to hike.

    The nomadic life does have it's pitfall. ;)

    An empty suitcase may have to accompany me to Chicago in January, methinks.

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:10 PM  

  • Oh! I thought I had left a comment here, but I must have made a mistake, Or god knows where I've left it.

    It said something like take some eggs to the Clarisas before you go.

    Someone, somewhere, must be very amused of what I commented...

    By Blogger Alex Castellá, at 11:06 PM  

  • The photograph ... I keep forgetting to write how much I like what you captured and the mood it creates.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 3:18 PM  

  • LOL, AlfaAlex.

    Tee hee. YOu might get quite a reputation leaving comments like that.
    But more importantly, why didn't I think of the eggs for weather angle? We didn't go on the hike; too much rain!!

    Thank you oh wandering photographer woman.

    By Blogger Erin, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home