a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Thank you, New Zealand

For beating those pesky Swedes of Victory Challenge in Valencia today, sending the Spanish America's Cup team, el Desafío Español, not the richest, not the highest tech, not the most famous, one of the last teams to join the competition, used boat and all

to the semifinals.

Let's all visit Di to say thank you. And send our condolences on the Kiwis' upcoming loss.

Oh, and ¡VIVA ESPAÑA!

Blogger's Note:
No, in fact I am not convinced I am not one of only 3 people in Spain excited by this news: myself, Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos (both competitive sailors).

Doesn't dampen my enthusiasm a bit.
Basketball Schmasketball. We're going to the Cup, baby!

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Ohh getting along well with the royals, lucky you. Maybe you can sail on their yachts one day. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

  • Hah -'condolences on the Kiwis' upcoming loss' ... I think not ;)

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 11:20 PM  

  • I will be rooting for the Spanish team. It would be nice to see money not be such a deciding factor...

    By Blogger Yarbz, at 2:28 PM  

  • I'm so sorry for you Di! As Erin has said Spaniards are not really very interested in the race and we will lose in the end! This will be your little revenge!

    By Blogger Nomadita, at 2:15 PM  

  • hemos visitado tu blog y lo encontramos muy interesante
    si tienes un momento visita el nuestro
    http://telamamaria.blogspot.com
    en Reus -Catalunya
    gracias.

    By Blogger Jobove - Reus, at 1:07 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • Where are you. I am not receiving any of your blogs, please don't tell me you are quiting.
    Arriba Espana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:03 PM  

  • Thanks for checking on me, Anon. Having that long go by without Internet access or time to blog has been enough to convince me I CAN´T quit. I'm back in LA, working far too hard and having my usual wifi trouble at the house I stay in when working for this client in California.

    I hope to be back tomorrow morning, before I head back to Spain on Monday.

    Thanks for not giving me up as lost, all! Not blogging for this long tells me loud and clear I have to find a space for this blog in my days, even when I am travelling. More soon!

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:00 PM  

  • BTW, thank you so much for the comment, te la ma maria, I have to get back to your blog and see how that catalan-castellano translator you have listed works....I hope I'll be able to read you! Thanks again for the visit!

    By Blogger Erin, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home