a wandering woman writes

Sunday, February 24, 2008

195 Km




This treat landed in my inbox this morning.

I have exactly one photo of myself in my own Camino de Santiago photo collection - me at the 100 kilometer mark. Yet Kilometer 195 was just as memorable.

One day late in October, I shared a day's walk, her last day on the Camino, with the española you see above and the young Camino angel who sent me this photo this morning from Bucharest. It was an all girls day - three nationalities, three women, each in a different decade of life, no one language shared fluently all the way round. The day was magic, with roses for all three of us as we savored good conversation, the scent of rosemary, and the breathtaking beauty of fall golds and browns in the wine country of El Bierzo.

Cheers to a friend in Bucharest this morning for taking me back to the Camino today.

2 Comments:

  • I have to laugh. From your blog, I found Erin's blog and Erin visits my blog now. What a tightknit little world we've constructed! Love your stories. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Teri, at 9:53 PM  

  • Thanks Teri! Is there another Erin, did I miss an Erin among all these rocking pilgrims stopping by here?

    By Blogger Erin, at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home