a wandering woman writes

Friday, April 07, 2006

Can you say pero 1000 times fast?

Oh! So many blog ideas, so little time.

I need to run off to my Spanish class with Bego, where I hope to repeat pero and claro and dólares until I get that darn single r down.

Perfectionism carries through to second languages, I assure you. It's a bit like golf: I'll be working my whole life on that r, I suspect, struggling to sound just ever so slightly more like a native. I'll never get there, of course, but just working on it gives me confidence. No, my r just isn't Salmantina, and the luego I let slip without thinking has way too much e in it, but hey, I've done my time at the Spanish driving range. That's got to count for something.

Will back late this afternoon to post!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home