a wandering woman writes

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Slán agus



I'm off to Ireland today for a week, a welcome escape from paperwork and legalities, but not so welcome an escape from Salamanca. While I've had my head buried in legalities and (fun!) new projects, summer's hit, full force. The tourists are here, both Spanish and foreign, and the ice cream vendors, and the balloons and street musicians. Salamanca's streets are packed with people, most of them my fellow Salmantinos simply readjusting to summer, when we spend life walking:paseando, stopping at a sidewalk cafe, paseando, checking out a store window, waving at a friend.....¿tomamos algo? ....paseando! I'm as eager to get back as I am to travel today!

Saturday the Arts Festival of Castilla-León turned Salamanca's Plaza de los Bandos into a graffiti gallery. A couple of shots of that, a post or two, and I'm off to Inish Mor. (If you could only see the grin as I say that....) Slán agus! ¡Hasta pronto!


Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I shouldn't read here ... it sounds magical.

    Although we do finally have sunshine today ...

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home