a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A wise and timely thought?


There is divine beauty in learning, just as there is human beauty in tolerance.
To learn means to accept the postulate that life did not begin at my birth.
Others have been here before me, and I walk in their footsteps.
The books I have read were composed by generations of fathers and sons,
mothers and daughters, teachers and disciples.
I am the sum total of their experiences, their quests.
And so are you.

Elie Wiesel

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Ahhh, the mystery explained, I've been perservering with blogger photos and getting nowhere.

    I shall desist now.

    Loved the quote...

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 4:16 PM  

  • I love the photo.

    By Blogger Alex Castellá, at 12:15 AM  

  • Got it to work, ww!

    Thanks Alfacharley (love the new "handle" btw :)) It's Mallorca - King Sancho's palacio, jusy up the street from the monastery where Chopin spent the winter, in Valdemossa.

    By Blogger Erin, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home