a wandering woman writes

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mondomix

Check out Mondomix if you're in the mood to discover some new World music. The site's chock full of interviews, reviews, artist profiles and an MP3 store, Mondomix Music where you can download all kinds of good music.

I found them through a backward link from this review of Buika's CD, Mi Niña Lola, in which Daniel Brown quotes my comments on her concert in Salamanca. I don't think I'd yet appreciated what a still-too-rare treat I'd had hearing her live.

By the way, Buika is playing November 28 at the Palau de Música (wow! what a venue!) in Barcelona as part of the Barcelona International Jazz Festival. I'll be heading back from the States then, but if you're in Barcelona, I can't imagine a better treat than hearing Buika in the Palau de Música.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • you were right, she is absolutely amazing and mezmerizing live, on stage, and even more so in the palau de la musica. thanks so much for the tip...saw your post and bought tix online five minutes later. i feel extremely priviledged to have experienced her on stage! just amazing...

    By Blogger nikkicee, at 3:44 PM  

  • Oh!! Nikki!! I am so glad you went!!! And so glad you loved her. She is magic live, just lets go and channels something, hey?
    Got to stop by your blog and see what you've been up to!! Fun to see you here. Take care.

    By Blogger Erin, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home