a wandering woman writes

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Of course, if the wall becomes self expression...

John responded to my wall post with this fabulous link to photos of the street art showing up on the Israeli wall in the West Bank. Scroll through the 5 or 6 photos to the right.

Ahhh, creativity can make anything beautiful. My day is restored, thanks to John. My favorite is here....hmmm or is it here?

If they build this bleeping wall across the Mexican border, I have an idea. Who wants to go paint a piece of it? Laura, you in? John?

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Wow ... stunning!!!

    I love Banksy. Thanks for posting him.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 9:17 PM  

  • Why not start a design contest? We do it for war memorials and such ( a website idea I'm working on). Being a child of the 60's and remembering Vietnam all too well, my proposal for the TexMex barrera is an historical nod to that sorry bit of history- Make the wall out of oversized dominoes. Give Christo a run. I think it would be rather starkly moderne if not a touch surreal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

  • Thanks for the link!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

  • I like that idea, John ..I like that idea.

    Hey Kate!

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:59 AM  

  • Girl, any plan you have you know I'm right in there with you!
    John, awesome idea...Christo made me smile.
    Yeah.

    By Blogger Laura, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home