a wandering woman writes

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bruno Morandi, Photographer and Traveller

Visit this photography site - Bruno Morandi's site.
Just go.

In the interview with Bruno published on his site, he talks about looking for movement in his photos:
"What interests me in photography is the ephemeral."
He captures it. Each photo is a poem, a frozen moment.

I was compelled to take this quote with me, as I left his site:

The right shot at the right moment does not come because you do not let go of yourself. You do not wait for fulfillment, but brace yourself for failure....The right art is purposeless, aimless.....letting go of yourself, leaving yourself and everything yours behind you so decisively that nothing more is left of you but a purposeless tension.

Eugen Herrigel



Replace "shot" with high note, solo, poem, paragraph, wheeled pot (chuckle, yes I can relate), whatever, huh?


I found Bruno through woman wandering over in Belgium, who was tipped off by Manic.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home