a wandering woman writes

Friday, April 06, 2007

And Thursday night...



I made to one procession yesterday, Holy Thursday: la Hermandad del Cristo del Amor y de la Paz. They crossed the Roman bridge and climbed up the steep cuesta of Tentenecio, the men bearing a paso of Christ, the women María Nuestra Madre.

This is a young Hermandad, founded in 1972. It was the first to admit women as full members and the first to march with the penitent's face visible.

I had light, dark and rain to contend with, so yes, the photo above is proof I in no way consider myself a learned photographer. Still, I liked the shot enough to post it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • Keep them photos coming, Erin, in my humble opinion they've excellent.
    And I like the comment about not hurrying in Spain. I was told just the same thing this very morning, "No corres", before the mandatory conversation, at this time of the year, regarding the state of our huertas....

    Daniel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • These are very nice shots. You needn't make any excuses for them. I have seen bad photography and your shots are certainly not in that category! Keep it up, it's nice to see Spain from a locals perspective.

    By Blogger Yarbz, at 7:41 PM  

  • Thank you for these photos. I spent one night in Salamanca many years ago and keep telling myself I must go back. But I have passed Semana Santa many times in a village in Andalucia, and these photos take me back there, too. I'm deeply envious, which is teribly unChristian, but I hope you get as much from Spanish Semana Santas as I do!

    By Blogger Payasoru, at 4:31 PM  

  • Hey Daniel, good to see you here! Thanks and thanks, yarbz. That light flash is from the rain, I suspect. I have a camera with powers light years beyond my ability to use them, is what I meant. I'd do far better with a point and shoot if I'm not going to take the time to learn a bit...

    Welcome Payasoru!

    By Blogger Erin, at 6:02 PM  

  • I like the photos, too, Erin...don't ever stop shooting. I love the little trips I get to take whenever you write about Salamanca and your travels. Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 PM  

  • Thank you for shariing

    By Anonymous hestia hellas, at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home