a wandering woman writes

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Snowy Salamanca

My salon window, a few hours ago...

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And look! It's snowing in Salamanca!!!

My birthday marcha has been postponed til tomorrow, I'm afraid. Salmantinos aren't Chicagoans, when it comes to heading out into a good snowstorm, I suppose, but then again we do all walk everywhere we go. And they are so much easier to reschedule with. 4 or 5 identical SMS messages: "Mañana?" and we were set.

It's been snowing for 3 or 4 hours how, and yee ha!, it's sticking well, at least down here by the river. It's snowed most of the February 25ths I can remember, including one particularly notable one 43 years ago, so they tell me. I, for one, am ecstatic that my birthday snow tradition has followed me to Spain.

Even if my pincho invitees are less than thrilled. And very chilly.

Pinchos tomorrow, then, first stop, the degustación of morcilla, should you find yourself in beautiful snowy Salamanca. Ooh, then that new Plaza Mayor bar with the noodle, calamari and toasted onion thing in the parfait glass. Hmmm, and Galatea for a tostada, and, well, the mussels at the new place on Conde de Crespo Rascón......

Happy 43 to me!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • feliz cumpleanos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

  • Feliz, snowy, homey cumpleaños!!!

    :)

    Y que cumplas muchos máaaaaas.

    Many besos and birthday good wishes.

    PS. Can't believe you got the snow to be faithful no matter where you find yourself! Amazing! Enjoy :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 AM  

  • Happy birthday!

    By Blogger hobbes, at 1:47 PM  

  • Thank you all!

    By Blogger Erin, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home