a wandering woman writes

Monday, April 10, 2006

Dos Días

I was having one of my dangerous between-meetings lunches the other day - 2 glasses of Ribera and two very tasty pinchos, when the friend on the other side of my wine glass let this slip, mid-paragraph:

"La vida son 4 días"...

Life is 4 days.

You're grinning, aren't you? There's more. Her comment led me to this gem, a classic Spanish saying if I ever learned one:

¡A vivir, que son dos días y uno llueve!

Get living! Life is 2 days and one of those 2......

It rains.


Some days I feel so wonderfully at home here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Loved the quote ...

    The lunch sounded kind of lovely too.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 12:19 AM  

  • ¿Has escuchado alguna vez lo de "te quedan dos telediarios"? Es aún mejor

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • Anon, no, no, nunca lo he oido. Jeje, bueno, voy a utilizarlo hoy....

    Gracias por el comentario!

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home