a wandering woman writes

Friday, April 07, 2006

Wishing Verbs

Moving back and forth between languages sometimes produces the most delicious images.

Today as I edited the Spanish lesson that forms the heart of one of the newsletters my marketing team sends out every week, I stumbled across a little word changeling I just can't get enough of.

In a lesson on the subjunctive, the Spanish teacher who prepares our lessons translated verbos de deseo as "wishing verbs".

Wishing verbs.

How absolutely delicious!

I need to use more "wishing verbs".

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Soooooooo love this.
    So so love this.

    By Blogger Laura, at 3:25 PM  

  • Hey!

    I'm glad you're back!

    Yeh, I like this too. I keep singing to myself "When you wish upon a verb..."

    By Blogger Erin, at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home