a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th! Vive España!



Fireworks, please!!

I arrived home from a spectacular weekend in Barcelona today, only to find.....

a package slip for a certified letter from the Subdelegación.

My residency!

Dropped my bags in the hallway and raced down to Correos, thinking, hmmm..ok, if they've said no, all I have to do is find a job and retain my current residency, as an employee...I hope.

Can I really have all of it just by going for it? All of it? Living in Spain and owning my own time?

Waited in line, toes tapping, fingers twiddling, heart racing. Tore open the envelope as the man behind the counter handed it to me....

And I'm official. I am, on this 4th of July, legally autonomous. Newly independent. In three little weeks and one brief morning of chasing down paperwork, Spain (very graciously, I might add) changed my residency to self employment.

To Spain, self determination and the 4th of July!

Somebody back there eat an ear of corn for me, will you?

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • ¡Felicidades!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM  

  • Congrats and will do... Got some very fresh corn-on-the-cob from the farm stand for you. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

  • ¡Como un plato de albaricoques! The subject of a chapter in your guide book.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  

  • Wonderful! The whole neighborhood here was bursting fireworks in your honor!!!

    By Blogger Laura, at 2:23 PM  

  • YIPPEEE!!!

    You all rock, you know that?

    Yes, John, like a enormous plate of summer apricots.

    By Blogger Erin, at 2:34 PM  

  • An ear of corn has been eaten in Indiana in your honor! (I was happy to oblige.) :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:52 PM  

  • Bravo! Felicitations! Terrific news! Enjoy your celebrations!

    By Blogger paris parfait, at 7:41 PM  

  • Congratulations ... writes the envious one lol but seriously, CONGRATULATIONS, it's delicious.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 12:14 AM  

  • and congrats from me, too!

    By Blogger Kate Winner, at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home