a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Surfing: Novica

An article at the very crowded if intriguing World Changing site led me to Novica, a nifty site giving artists in developing countries a web portal through which they can access all of us.

From the site:

NOVICA unites you with more than 2,000 extraordinary master artists around the world. Read about their lives, explore their fascinating cultures, and select from more than 17,000 handcrafted works of art.


A quick surf to the jewelry page showed me lots of treasures a tad outside of my gifts-to-myself budget right now, but I get the feeling I'll be back at Novica.

The interview with the site's cofounder, who started the business after a career as a UN officer, is a great read.

As are the reports by the site's Wander Woman, (dear God, now there are three of us) who files reports from afar as she travels the world meeting talented artists in farflung places.

Nice work, if you can get it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Of course, you're first in my book...since I discovered the other two through your blog. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 AM  

  • Thank you, Dan. ;) You remain my favorite sea drifter.

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:34 AM  

  • Thanks for this link. I'll have lots of fun here!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home