a wandering woman writes

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Three men and a tree



They told me disease gutted this tree over a hundred years ago. Well, before they were born, anyway, which they assured me placed the event a long time ago.

The tree is hollow, exquisitely textured on the inside, and yes, you are looking right through it. Still it grows, living from the outer layer that survived.

They asked me how far the photo would travel. All three seemed a bit disappointed by the prospect of only making it to Salamanca.

Here, then. They've made it a lot further.

Three men and a tree, on the hill behind Santa María del Castillo, in Madrigal de las Altas Torres, birthplace of Isabel I.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh oh oh ... you posted!!!

    Yes, you can go back and tell them that a New Zealander living in Belgium thought that their story was delicious.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 12:13 AM  

  • Oh, I simply love this photo. Just love everything about it. They made it to Chicago where I sit before the sunrise just totally grooving on that tree with them.
    Just love this photo.

    By Blogger Laura, at 12:53 PM  

  • Well, I might just have to go back to tell them they've hit Belgium and Chicago, and New Zealand, vicariously.

    LOL, why do I bet if I go on a Saturday afternoon I'll find them right there, sitting by the tree, talking?

    By Blogger Erin, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home