a wandering woman writes

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Será Maravilloso.....a wandering woman singalong

Three cheers for Javier, who sent me a link to the song I sang for days after dancing to it at a recent wedding in Salamanca: El Puente by Los Mismos.

C'mon, now I don't ask for much. Sing out. It's an easy sing-a-long; just make sure you get your Nancy Sinatra moves going during that 60's bass vamp halfway through. Extra points if you act out the modes of transport (plane, boat, walking, bicycle, hitchhiking...) English words at the end of the post; no excuses!

Thanks Javier! You made my week, even if I'm not sure my friends thank you. Why do you think Nomadita seem lessed than pleased to hear ALL my newly learned lyrics at the bars on Friday?

http://www.dabadaba.com/dabadabamp3/mallorca/elpuente-losmismos.mp3

EL PUENTE

Tengo miedo al avion
También tengo miedo al barco
Por eso quiero saber lo que debo hacer para cruzar el charco
Por eso quiero saber lo que debo hacer para cruzar el charco

Yo sabría esperar, por el tiempo no me importa
Si construyeran un puente desde Valencia hasta Mallorca
Si construyeran un puente desde Valencia hasta Mallorca

Será maravilloso
Viajar hasta Mallorca
Sin necesidad de tomar el barco o el avion
Solo caminando, en bicicleta o autostop!!!

(repeat as necessary to fill a 60's pop arrangement....)

What's it mean, English speakers? From the top (without the catchy Spanish rhymes, sadly):
I'm afraid of planes
I'm also afraid of boats
So I want to know what I have to do to cross the puddle (the Mediterranean, between mainland Spain and Mallorca)

I'd know how to wait,
Because to me time is not important
If they'd build a bridge from Valencia to Mallorca

It would be marvellous (oh, but say it Spanish: Será maravilloso..)
To travel to Mallorca
With no need to take a boat or take a plane
just walking, riding a bicycle or hitchhiking (autostop!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • What a terrible song!
    Well, I´ll give it a try.

    By Blogger Nomadita, at 6:27 PM  

  • Nice music, it reminds me of a black and white movie. :-)

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:28 PM  

  • Hey Julie, thanks for stopping by! b&w movie, yeh, thats the era ...I was picturing huge American made convertible with long fins on them...you know the cars?

    Oh Nomadita, it's a silly song but we sing it really well. So. There. We should sing it. Often.

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:53 AM  

  • Glad you liked it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • Thanks for posting the lyrics, but MANY MANY thanks for posting the music too!
    I don´t remember the last time I ever listen to that song... ages ago!
    Thanks!
    I´ve linked this post to my weblog:
    http://ramblings-and-thoughts.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Rosamunda, at 4:23 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Erin, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home