a wandering woman writes

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Live, from the kitchen....

it's WIFI!!!!

I'm back, and as Irish luck(?) would have it, I am online, in my piso, live from my very own kitchen. A mere 45 days after signing up for WIFI.

Buika's singing to me (note to self, get a handle on where she's playing live in 2007). I'm sipping an unexpectedly fabulous Jamaican coffee some friends brought back from their island wedding (and drinking it con leche, pero con mucha leche, ahhhh, back in España). And I'm typing on the stovetop (ceramic, of course) just to prove I can.

I can!

So listen, a month back "where you come from"...with stops in a couple of those "places where you come from"....gets a woman to thinking. Expect the wanderer to muse for a bit.

But first, to pinchos with my Madrid-living, Spain-loving, opera singing fellow americana Kathleen and her visiting parents. Time to show off my pretty little town and its delicious little pinchos. After a far less than satisfying stop (it wasn't my idea, I swear) at Cafe Iberico in Chicago, I'm more than ready for a taste of Salamanca.

Question as I leave, this site's in line for serious rehab.....which may require a move to typepad or who knows what. Before I jump ship, anybody want to weigh in on the new Blogger? I've yet to try it. How's it do with categories and tags for archived posts? Can you post ahead and set a date for publication? Are you liking it?

See you back here soon. I barely recognized the blank white box. Man, it feels good watching it fill up with all this lovely black text. This is blogging, huh? Mmm. I like this.

So, you guys still out there?

12 Comments:

  • Welcome back!! We missed you!! I've been pretty upset lately with the blog of a person I correspond with who is constantly calling the Spanish xenophobic... I feel that doesn't do justice to all the wonderful people I've met in this country and I'm glad you are back so I can at least read posts from someone who actually likes being here ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • Hey Alex!!!!

    It's good to be back. Bit of a hard landing, after a month and lots of time with people I wish weren't so far away, but I just had a wonderful night of pinchos, showing a friend's parents Salamanca, and my fellow Salmantinos were as welcoming as ever. Then I walked back from Plaza Mayor a little after 11, heels echoing, cathedrals lit up, everybody saying hi as they passed, and I fell in love all over again.

    loves being here, by the way..posts from someone who loves being here. :)

    Got to surf over and see what you've been up to!

    By Blogger Erin, at 12:04 AM  

  • Welcome back! I got tired of seeing that yawning dog in place of your interesting posts! I haven't tried the new Blogger - I switched over to a different host and use Wordpress for the blogging format.

    By Blogger Mark K, at 6:27 AM  

  • btw, did you read those Javier Reverte books yet?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • Glad to see you back!

    By Blogger Alex Castellá, at 11:10 AM  

  • Me, too Welcome Back!
    Glad I can finally stop wishing I was in Chicago with you and Laura!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM  

  • Hey Mark, hey Alfacharley Alex! Good to be back.

    Alexandra Alex, ;)(not to be confused with Alfacharley Alex..) you know I haven't! I started Rios de desolación, but had to set it aside and now need to get back to it. Did you finish another of his?

    Hey Kate! I've been missing our comment exchanges! Yes you can stop now and I can wish I could back there more often... You know the only thing standing 'tween you and hanging with us in Chitown is a plane ticket, right?

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:33 PM  

  • I'm half way through Rio de la desolación. I had to put it aside for a while because I needed to read another book for a book club but I'm back now. I'm really enjoying it... His writing is very engaging...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 PM  

  • Thanks Robert, Don´t take it out on the pup; I fell madly in love with her. She's sly and feisty and playful and shocking verbal, when she's not yawning.

    Oh! Puerto de Santa Maria is a lovely spot; I so love Cadiz and whenever I go I take that little boat over to the Puerto for a shellfish feast. Exciting!! I'd love to hear how you'll split the year, --I mean, how you work up 6 mos one place and 6 another? Keep both houses..is work virtual?

    By Blogger Erin, at 12:53 PM  

  • Nice to read you back!
    I've moved to the new blogger. The changes are not very spectacular, you would say they fit into google's philosophy of "wait (for the user's needs) and see. Tags work quite well, though.

    By Blogger Enric Archivell, at 1:00 PM  

  • Hey Tiquis!! I just figured out I know you! I like the new blog; I'm going to have to take notes so i can eat better everywhere I go. Love the Lhardy photo!!

    Thanks for the blogger info..

    By Blogger Erin, at 1:22 PM  

  • I'd go with WordPress instead. Very easy to use, and it can import all of your old stuff fairly easily. You can get a free WordPress-based blog over at WordPress.com.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home