a wandering woman writes

Monday, January 01, 2007

Back in my kind of town

Greetings from Chicago!

While ya.com still doesn't have my WIFI working in Salamanca, I am now fully wired in a hotel room 30 floors above my favorite corner in all the world - the bridge at Michigan and Wacker. Chicago's weather (not my favorite in all the world) hasn't cooperated with photo-snapping yet, but I'm hoping to catch a few of my favorite spots later today.

This morning I started 2007 with as American a breakfast as I could find -- corned beef hash over poached eggs, with a touch of "new" America, chipotle sauce. While I wait for some friends to call I'm enjoying another decadent treat, a New Year's Day marathon of old Law and Order episodes.

Bright and early tomorrow morning I fly to Los Angeles to spend the month of January working for a California client. I am now thoroughly wired -- WIFI everywhere I look - so I'll hope to spend a lot more time here at the blog.

Happy New Year!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Happy New Year, Erin! Hope you enjoy Chicago (one of my favourite cities) and especially California.

    By Blogger paris parfait, at 6:34 PM  

  • Happy New Year, Erin! Hope you enjoy Chicago (one of my favourite cities) and especially California.

    By Blogger paris parfait, at 6:34 PM  

  • Wow! You've started the year travelling. Hope you come back soon.

    And Feliz Año 2007.

    Alex

    By Blogger Alex Castellá, at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home