a wandering woman writes

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

(A Long) Weekend in New England




OK, there are worse places to be stranded than lovely Little Rhody.

And there are far worse places than your mother's house, especially when your mother cooks like mine.

But still!

I'm working at my mother's kitchen table, watching frozen rain hit the window glass, and trying to identify the work soundtrack that best accompanies the wind and splash and ping on the pane.

A quick weekend hop to New England to tend to an expat's nightmare - the expiring US driver's license - has turned into a weeklong stay with Mom. My flight back to Madrid was cancelled yesterday, in anticipation of today's rather disappointing winter storm. I had hoped to be out making snow angels this morning. Instead I'm watching Rhode Island melt.

I'm rebooked for Thursday, and hope to get back here before then.

Meanwhile I'll continue to convince my mother that this really IS work I do all day, perched in front of my laptop.

Providence webcam from www.wpri.com and www.projo.com .

3 Comments:

  • just poking my head in to say Hi.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • Sounds like a cold and frustrating Valentines Day...

    Hartford Connecticut was no better. Yuck!

    Hope you get beck safe...

    By Blogger Yarbz, at 8:57 PM  

  • Hey poking Kate! ooh, I'm a little shamed to have you stop this poor untended blog. I'll catch her up soon, though - got good plans for this little blog.

    Thanks, yarbz. Our Valentine's was frozen, pretty much so I rediscovered the wonders of American TV (Hey I liked that "Friday Night Lights" show...)
    Weird thing is the weather isn't all that bad here...but they keep cancelling my flights! Think it's worse a little south of both of us.
    Thanks for the comment!

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home