a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

May your Tuesday be appropriately fat

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I've been jamming with Dixieland this morning, in honor of Mardi Gras, and I thought of all of you. On the sheer chance that one of you wants to experience the pure joy of dueling trombones and wailing clarinets, with a good funeral dirge thrown in for good measure, here's something completely different at W-W: a CD recommendation. It's an older disc, Wynton Marsalis' tribute to Jelly Roll Morton - Wynton Marsalis, Standard Time 6, Mr. Jelly Lord.

I dare you to try and keep your feet still.

Me, it's my last full time day at work, and I have to give a mini course in copywriting and marketing ROI. Jelly Lord is presently seeing me through Powerpoint hell.

Make today fat! Happy Carnaval!

2 Comments:

  • Well I'm a bit late, I missed your birthday, so happy belated birthday to you, and happy Fat Tuesday.

    Don't forget the pancakes!

    It is not Fat Tuesday here in Greece. In fact, our day is neither Fat nor Tuesday. It is clean Monday, and will be next Monday. Greek Orthodox Easter is a week after regular Easter this year.

    By Blogger melusina, at 10:48 PM  

  • Thanks, Melusina.
    Ha, I think I'd do my best to avoid any day called Clean Monday. Do you have to be good that day? Or just clean? No last minute pre lent sinning in Greece?

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home