a wandering woman writes

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Gives me fever

Oh you really can't be expecting me to post today? Can you?

Today, the fifth..yes, yes, the fifth consecutive and glorious spring day in Salamanca this week? Blue blue skies, bright Spanish sunshine, all of us outfitted in jean jackets, short sleeves, t-shirts??? Salamanca's streets overflowing with people, paseando?

It gives me fever, is what it does! Fever! I know it might not last. I know it's early. I know, I know, but OOOOOOooooh! the winter lover in me just never knows much she longs for Spring til it's all around her! Even if it's destined to be a temporary visit.

Delicate green fingers are peeking up where I buried bulbs a while ago, and I can hardly work for watching the storks fly by my window, lugging home the branches and twigs baby-safe nests are made of.

And our lovely Nomadita has signed up to chauffer carless, feverish me to Cáceres soon, to watch the cherry blossoms bloom!

May these Spain-blue skies last me through St. Pat's day, and may I get some "Springtime in Cáceres" shots to share with all of you....

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I'll be looking forward to the photographs. ¿have you got a flickr acount?

    Also try to tell us a bit about the food.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM  

  • I've been catching up here a little this morning. You did such a MARVELOUS job of answering the "proud Castilian". I can't imagine where he got his ideas other than out of his own warped (and prejudiced) thinking.

    Keep on keeping on; the rest of us wait upon you.

    And, oh yes, do please talk about the food. :)

    By Blogger Kate Winner, at 5:03 PM  

  • Six inches of snow expected here today. Was in a t-shirt last weekend. This is where the fever gets fierce.
    Go play for me! I'll just sit here and grumble.
    : )

    By Blogger Laura, at 3:40 PM  

  • hey there,

    i thought i should pop by and say hi, after realising that we share a name, kind of ... i guess it's more about a shared idea of a way to live but when i realised i began blogging after you, so i wanted to let you know that i didn't realise you were out here already. someone had searched our name on google on my sitemeter ...

    anyway, i've really enjoyed what i've read of you so far.

    kindest regards
    another wandering woman.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 5:16 PM  

  • Hello!! It's STILL Spring here!

    We're not sure whether we'll head to Cáceres this weekend or next, depends when the valley flowers...But, yes I will check out the food. I ate like a queen in Trujillo last summer, Alex..forget what the particular dishes were, just remember the euphoria. Yes, have flicker btw but haven't posted my photos..Maybe after the cherry blossoms.

    Laura, well, playing in the snow one last time this year (we hope, then again, we're talking about Chicago) ain't all bad...will you throw a huge killer snowball at Melvin for me?

    Hey wandering woman! Welcome!

    By Blogger Erin, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home