a wandering woman writes

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Could there be a Spanish virus I haven't met yet?

I spent Friday afternoon responding to an interview, waxing poetic about my life here, Spain and the Spanish......
but today, having been tracked down by yet another bug I seem never to have met before, I am wheezing, tearing up, coughing and wishing, just a little, that I lived closer to my mother and her chicken and escarole soup.

Let's just officially mark down one downside of running away to Spain, when you run from the States, ok?
The move seems to carry with it a certain number of unavoidable nasty colds.

On the bright side, the thick wooden "doors" (my shades are shutters, but wooden, solid and interior) on the huge windows I normally open wide to coax in the sun today create an infirmary like no other. Ourside I hear my neighbors splashing in the pool; inside it's dark and cool. A little Indigo Girls, I think, a cold glass of horchata, and a sick day catching up on the blog.

Hope you're feeling better, wherever you are, and that when you need it, you have a way to tightly close the shutters and rest a while, alone, inside.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Oh, pobrecita, I hope you feel better very soon. There is something delicious about curling up in the dark in a nice cool bed shut out from the world though. Sorry I can't deliver you soup myself!

    By Blogger Laura, at 5:48 PM  

  • I'm sorry but you painted beautiful images while writing this blog of your virus ... the shutters and shelter will stay with me.

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 7:37 PM  

  • Lol, ww, well then why are your sorry???

    Thank you both

    aaaaachoo!

    By Blogger Erin, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home