a wandering woman writes

Thursday, April 20, 2006

There once was a blog from Nantucket...

Now this is fun.

I happened onto the "musical instrument" category, but you can punch in any old keywords you like and voila! limericks!

I feel a little guilty posting this without writing my own, but you should feel free to comment in limerick form. In fact, I'll invite you to always feel free to comment in limerick form. Or haiku if you prefer....

My two favorites from the music category:

Acoustically by John Weigel


On the Spanish guitar my technique

Of unamplified strums is unique.

I acoustically play

In my singular way,

Causing strings to detune and to squique.




aflaunt by Virge (Virgil Keys)


There was a fair flautist named Anna

Took to lying aflaunt on the piana.

Though her flute skills were flawed,

Anna's fans all adored

How she'd flaut in a flirtatious manner.



The author adds that, in his opinion, FLAUT really should be in the dictionary,and I, for one, agree with him.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • One of my favourite limericks is about "flauting":
    A tooter who tooted a flute
    Tried to tutor two tooters to toot
    Said the two to the tutor,
    Is it harder to toot or
    To tutor two tooters to toot?

    By Blogger qaminante, at 9:30 AM  

  • Oh, I love that. I'm going to keep it, I promise to give you full credit.

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:01 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Phunicular, at 3:12 AM  

  • A wandering woman in Spain
    Sought limericks to help her stay sane,
    But they curled in her cortex
    And formed a verse vortex
    That drained the remains of her brain.

    Virge
    (aka Phunicular)

    By Blogger Phunicular, at 3:20 AM  

  • Virge,

    I am honored!!

    It is brilliant and must be its own post!

    By Blogger Erin, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home