a wandering woman writes

Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's a year, yesterday!

A sideways glance at the calendar today told me I'd managed to sneeze and sleep my way through a milestone.

Yesterday marked the first birthday of this blog! Yep, I sweated blood exactly 366 days ago at this very desk, trying to figure out just what it is a beginning blogger blogs when a beginning blogger begins to blog.

So I'll thank you for reading and commenting and generally hanging around, and I'll let you in on a bit of wandering-woman's future. I suspect a move to typepad is on its way, mostly because I'm not sure I've ever seen a blog more in need of categories (have you?), and yes, at a year I think it's time I finally invested time in a masthead and (gasp) something more like design. So look for her to some day load just a little more "pretty."

Yet another postscript:
This being an anniversary, of sorts, I googled my way here, where I was told to shower myself with paper gifts today, in celebration of 1 year. Maybe a new book, or a notebook, I think. (Having read this anniversary page, I have to add: I might have considered marrying had I known about the musical instrument gifts at year 24, or the "original poetry tribute" all of you would have had to write at year 46. But the thought of investing 44 years in a relationship only to be given groceries strikes me as odd...)

Thank you for reading. It's fun to play with my electronic notebook, but it's even more fun to know it's connected to all of you.

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • A belated Happy Blog Anniversary to you. May you have many more. :D

    Dan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

  • Happy anniversary ... I'm glad I found you out here in cyberspace :)

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 3:47 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary!
    Hope there are tons more; I love the way you write.

    By Blogger Kate Winner, at 6:22 PM  

  • Thank you, all 3!

    I've just finished something I was working on and have decided I am going to celebrate my paper anniversary with a nice fat scoop of Plaza Mayor ice cream..in a PAPER cup.

    mmmmm

    By Blogger Erin, at 6:42 PM  

  • 48 is good too! Telescope to look back at the passing years.
    Happy Anniversary!

    By Blogger Cream, at 11:10 AM  

  • Well... happy bithday then!!!

    It's a pleasure reading your comments on life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • I lived in Southern Spain for 4 years and I don't know why but I just love the word "chirimiri" which if I spelled it correctly means a light rain or a drizzle. It sounds just like I would imagine a light rain to sound like.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 PM  

  • Cream, yes, I did like some of those gifts - travel was in there somewhere, and land....

    Alex, my friend, the feeling is mutual; I just need to learn to comment in photos like you can.

    Robert, oooooh! I like that! That's a new word for me! My dictionary sent me to "sirimiri" when I looked it up, then gave me both: chiri and siri forms. And yes, told me it was "llovizna muy fina y persistente"
    Oh, I love that, I'm going to go see if it made the contest.

    By Blogger Erin, at 8:50 AM  

  • Happy 1st Blogiversary! I didn't know you'd only been at it for a year. I completed my first year on Wednesday.

    By Blogger christina, at 2:07 PM  

  • Happy Blogiversary to you, too, Christina!! We share the same blog age, practically. Has it flown by for you, too?

    By Blogger Erin, at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home