a wandering woman writes

Friday, November 23, 2007

Ah, the wonders of reverse translation

As I typed out my sad tale of Thanksgiving tunafish, I suddenly had a thought about how the Spanish describe this American-only holiday we call Thanksgiving:

Día de Acción de Gracias


Day of Action - yeh, ACTION - of thanks.

Oh, I think there's an opportunity in that reverse translation. What if Thanksgiving were a day to ACT on how darn thankful you felt?

Just a thought.

If I've left you inspired but not quite sure where to act, may I suggest Kiva?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I for one am thankful to know you -- and to live out a bit of adventure vicariously through your blog. Glad that you finished your pilgrimage safely.

    Your sailing buddy from Chicago.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home