a wandering woman writes

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Santiago, ankle, frostbite, and all

After 4 or 5 hot, sunny days walking Galician hills by day and consuming vats of caldo gallego by night, I walked into Santiago de Compostela yesterday about 12:45 pm.

Finisterre will wait for spring, maybe expand to a longer coastal walk.

My ankle and the frostbite gained by overzealously icing it (so you all knew those supercold gel packs aren't meant for icing legs, didn't you?) are all but healed.

Santiago feels far more like a beginning than the end.

And what I find I do not have today are words.

Thanks for all the encouragement and comments. I will be back soon.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • Enhorabuena peregrina. Bien hecho.

    By Blogger Payasoru, at 4:20 PM  

  • Wow. You've arrived.

    Was just thinking (for some reason as I was mopping the kitchen floor this morning, having checked your blog recently) that not having seen a post for some time must mean that the ankle was functional and our illustrious storyteller was walking, on her way.

    Thank you for keeping us posted on the pilgrim's progress. I'm sure I can speak for your readers, we wish you well, we hope you rest, and we await your tales.

    All the best -- Ann in KC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

  • Great achievement! Well done!

    By Blogger Cream, at 11:25 AM  

  • So good to have you back. Missed you terribly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • Felicidades! I got goose bumps just reading about your arrival and remembering our as well. It made my heart fill with sunshine!
    Diane and Steve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 AM  

  • Looking forward to your return after the decompression.

    xo

    By Blogger Di Mackey, at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home